North Queensland Customs Services (NQCS) is a Queensland-based Customs broker and freight forwarder.
Since its inception almost 50 years ago, NQCS has continually grown from its roots as a small regional customs broker, to servicing national and international customers today. Over the years we have built up an ever-expanding network of national and international agents as well as a great depth of knowledge.
Our business provides the necessary advice and skills to deliver safe, cost-effective international and domestic transport from the source to site – together with Customs and Quarantine clearance.
We don’t just manage the operational side of things – we also use our expertise to provide advice on the best way to import or export goods – achieving improved productivity for our customers and reducing costs.
NQCS’s people are qualified, experienced, and have the expertise to ensure high quality service delivery. Our relationship and communication skills help maintain strong client and third-party partnerships.
We have a solid and loyal client base ranging from small businesses to multi-national entities. Our customers operate in diverse industries such as chemicals, agriculture, resource processing, energy, retail, construction, industrial, automotive, and manufacturing. Because of this, NQCS has a lot of experience in the movement of oversized or unusual cargo (including hazardous substances).
NQCS operates a dedicated depot and storage facility adjacent to the Port of Townsville and has access to depots in other major centres and ports across Australia. All our valued hubs and transport services are highly efficient and competent operators and have clearances to access major road transport hubs and ports.
The NQCS difference
NQCS is an independent company that is big enough to service national contracts and small enough to care about our customers.
We believe in providing excellent service at competitive prices and focus on efficient delivery and attention to detail. We do this by partnering with our customers and combining our knowledge and skills with our customer’s requirements.
NQCS is unique because we take pride in our work – and we do that at competitive prices.
Our Mission is to partner with organisations to deliver goods in the most efficient, cost effective manner possible
ACCREDITATIONS & PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
NQCS is licensed and accredited to meet all legislative requirements for the services we provide.
- The International Forwarders and Customs Brokers Association of Australia – Certificate of Membership (1992)
- Export Council of Australia
- Townsville Chamber of Commerce
- Townsville Enterprise
- Queensland Chamber of Commerce & Industry Queensland
- Industry Capability Network
Our industry is heavily regulated and controlled by legislation. NQCS ensures compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements for freight forwarding, road transport management, Customs brokerage service and general business operations. We continually review our compliance management strategies, prioritise training, and maintain high levels of awareness of our responsibilities throughout our organisation.
Our compliance assurance management approach includes maintaining the following corporate and individual accreditations.
- Corporate Customs Brokerage Licence (Number 00052C) licenced under the Customs Act 1901
- Corporate Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (Quarantine) Approved Arrangement (Number AA34RL)
- Accredited International Air Transport Association (IATA) Agent (IATA Code: 02342694141)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Export since 18th June 1992
- Queensland Government Dangerous Goods Licence (Number 0025872)
- IICL Marine Surveyor for shipping containers
- Accredited Air Cargo Agent under the Aviation Transport Security Regulations 2005
- In the process of attaining corporate accreditation as an Australian Trusted Trader (ATT)
ATT Accreditation is based on assessment and auditing of the compliance quality of our supply chain security and trade practices by the Department of Home Affairs Australian Border Force. Post audit and accreditation, internal auditing and monitoring of our documented practices is ongoing and self-directed.
Furthering our culture of best practice customer engagement with current and future customers, ensuring excellence in customer service, NQCS aims to:
- Look for new and improved ways of meeting customers’ needs
- Deliver excellence in transport to and from customer locations
- Expand into new markets through partnerships
At NQCS, we are a community minded company with an emphasis on safety and the delivery of excellent customer service. We do this by recognising that our greatest assets are our employees and harvest a culture of safety, excellence, and reliability. This forms the foundations of our values:
- Safety First
- Delivery of excellence in customer service
- Pride in our work